Candice Shikai is admitted to practice in all California Courts and in the U.S. District Court – Central District of California. Candice graduated from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law in 2015. Prior to law school, Candice graduated from UCLA, cum laude, with a B.A. in History and a minor in Philosophy.
Candice previously worked at law firms where she defended clients in a variety of cases at all stages of litigation. She has experience handling pre-trial work, from analysis of medical records, written discovery and depositions, to drafting pleadings and a variety of motions, including demurrers and motions for summary judgment. Prior to that, Candice was a Fellow with the Office of the Los Angeles City Attorney – Business & Complex Civil Litigation Section. During law school, she also served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Jon S. Tigar in U.S. District Court, Northern District of California.
In her spare time, Candice enjoys singing, reading, and working out.
– Japanese American Bar Association (JABA) Board of Governors, 2018 – present
– JABA Educational Foundation, Board of Directors, 2015 – present
– DRI (Defense Research Institute) Diversity and Inclusion Committee, West Cost State Liaison Co-Chair, State and Local Defense Organizations Subcommittee, 2020 – present
– LACBA Litigation Section Executive Committee, JABA Liaison, 2021 – present
– ASCDC (Association of California Defense Counsel), Member, 2022 – present
– Kizuna, Board at Large, 2019 – present
– TAIKOPROJECT, Board Member, 2020 – present